This week is Kerry's week to host and she has set a theme of babies (human, animal or any imaginable kind of baby!)
Before we get down to the challenge and the DT inspiration we do have a serious request to make of our challengers/followers:
Kerry was pregnant with her second child when at a routine check up at 23 weeks, Kerry and her partner were told that their little girl's heart had stopped beating. Their baby, Rhianna Lily, was later born at 23 weeks and 5 days. Because she was below 24 weeks they cannot register her birth or death.
Kerry and her partner had Rhianna Lily blessed and she has been buried but their is no certificate registering her at all. They have found this petition and unfortunately they can't put another one in as it will be rejected as there is already this one in place. So please let's try and get this changed. They have no record of Rhianna at all because of this rule, that babies are not babies before 24 weeks, even though Kerry gave birth to her and Kerry and her partner both held, cuddled and kissed her. They had their baby in their arms, but legally she has never existed as she wasn't born past 24 weeks.
Kerry and her partner would be grateful if you could all sign the below petition and send it to everyone you know so we can get this rule changed and make a difference:
As a thankyou to anyone who takes the time to sign the petition we would like to offer you a massive 20% off in the Crafty Boots online store.
To redeem your discount please forward the email confirmation following signing the petition to email@example.com and we will send you a unique voucher code which will give you 20% off at checkout at www.craftyboots.com.
Please note that this offer is open indefinitely, not just for the two week duration of the challenge!
On to the challenge:
- The challenge will run until 12 noon Sunday 5th August
- You can enter as many times as you like but with NEW projects
- If you use any products you have purchased from Crafty Boots add 'CB' after your name to receive two entries into the prize draw.
- Entry into this challenge can be combined with as many other challenges as you wish
- Your blog post must mention that you are entering this challenge and include a link back to this page
- Please link to your specific blog post rather than your general blog address, this will help our design team find your post when we visit your blog
- If you do not have a blog and want to enter the challenge please email photos to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will enter your project
Album by Kerry:
Card by Dionne:
Don't forget our junior challenge is still running until Sunday 29th July for any under 18s!!